Booking & Indemnity Form.
Please note - all people attending to fill out separate forms.
experience date: _________________________________
In this agreement, Kitengela Hot Glass Ltd. will be referred to as KHG. The term ‘experiences’ shall include all activities in any way related to glassblowing and including, but not limited to, orientation, demonstration and instruction sessions; handling of tools; all activities whilst in the studio, and any other recreational activities in addition to the glassblowing experiences offered by or associated with KHG.
- Bookings: Experience payments are non-refundable. We reserve the right to make changes to or cancel experiences due to unforeseeable & unusual circumstances beyond our control. Such circumstances or events include (but are not limited to) war, threat of war, civil strife, technical problems with transport, natural disasters, fire, flood and adverse conditions. In the event of an experience being cancelled or changed due to the above we will offer a replacement time at no charge.
- Health: The physical elements of the glassblowing involved in our experiences involve physical exertion. Our experiences are however, designed to be within the capabilities of almost anybody who enjoys good health and is moderately fit. If you suffer from a medical condition or are on medication please advise us when making your booking.
- Photography: We reserve the right without notice to make use of any photograph or film taken on the glassblowing experiences by our staff for general publicity purposes without payment or permission.
- Alcohol and Narcotics: No one is allowed into the studio if under the influence of alcohol and/or narcotics.
- Persons under the age of 18 years: The legal guardian of anyone under the age of 18 participating on the glassblowing activities shall be required to sign this Indemnity Form.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
ASSUMPTION OF RISK
I am aware that glassblowing experiences involve many risks, dangers and hazards including, but not limited to: accidents which occur during handling the blowpipe or tools; burns from the paper, bench rail, pipes, tools, water or hot wax; and negligence on the part of KHG including the failure by KHG to safeguard and protect me from the risks, dangers & hazards of glassblowing. I freely accept and fully assume all risks, dangers and hazards associated with glassblowing & the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage, or loss resulting therefrom.
I HEREBY AGREE AS FOLLOWS:
- To waive any and all claims that I have or may in the future have against KHG, its directors, officers, employees, agents, guides, instructors, independent contractors, subcontractors, and representatives (all of whom are hereinafter referred to as the "releasees") and to release the releasees from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense, or injury including death that I may suffer or that my next of kin may suffer as a result of my participation in glassblowing, due to any cause whatsoever.
- To hold harmless and indemnify the releasees from any and all liability for any property damage or personal injury to any third party resulting from my participation in the glassblowing activities.
- That this Agreement shall be effecting and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and assigns, in the event of my death.
- That this Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Kenya and any litigation involving the parties to this Agreement shall be brought within Kenya.
Knowing of the inherent risks and dangers involved, I certify that I am fully capable of participating in this experience. I acknowledge that I will comply with instruction from the releasees for the duration of this experience. I voluntarily assume the risk inherent in taking part in glassblowing. Mygeneral health is good and there is nothing which renders me unfit to undertake such experiences. With my signature I hereby acknowledge having accepted the terms and conditions that appear above.
Date: ________________ Signature of Participant: _____________________________
If the Participant is Under 18 years of age:
Date: ________________ Signature of Guardian: _______________________________
Full Name of Legal Guardian: _________________________
ID Number of Legal Guardian: ________________________